Thursday, October 11, 2018

DIY Leather Pen Case

This project was inspired by Brandhyze Stanley's tutorial. While I was making this, I just realized pencils won't fit - just my pens. I will make a longer case next time. But if you are really looking for a tutorial for a case for pencils, check out Bedroom Workshop's youtube video.



Supplies
◘ YKK Zipper
◘ Pattern (based on Brandbyze Stanley's pattern)
◘ Leather - I encourage to buy veg tan leather for a sturdy case. But here, I used a soft cowhide leather with PU leather as lining. It's the only one available for me at the moment.
◘ Cement Glue
◘ Blade (Rotary Cutter, X-acto Knife)
◘ Small Binders
◘ Diamond Chisel Hole Punch
◘ Hammer
◘ 2 sewing needles for leather
◘ Wax Thread


Instructions
1. Cut out your pattern.
2. Turn the leather backwards. Place the zipper in the middle and stick both sides of the leather onto the zipper with cement glue. Use binder clips to hold the dipper in place. Wait for it to dry for an hour or less.



3. Rip apart the zipper. Hammer holes with the diamond chisel and sew. Check this tutorial out on how to sew leather.



4. Attach the zipper handle. Sew and the sides of the pen case as shown below.



My stitches in this project were messy since it's my first time making one. I've been making coin purses for the past few months and they were easier for me to do.

How do you like (or dislike.. haha) my tutorial? I would appreciate to have your feedback. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask me in the comments section.


Let's Get Creative!
DAISY ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment