Sunday, November 19, 2017

Leather Tote Bag - Workshop


Hello, everyone!

I've attended my 2nd workshop for leather making yesterday. It's hosted by Cindel and Abby of HolyCraft! Studios. Venue: Builtable Co-Working, Mandaluyong City.

This is me try out the stitching pony.

This was a 5-hour workshop. But most of us had to extend our stay so we could finish the project. I think I've finished mine for almost 9 hours. I didn't have time to stop for a break thinking I might go home early but I was wrong... haha!

The stitching took most of my time. I had to make it straight and tight, avoiding a loose work. Teacher Cindel praised me for my nice stitching but told me that I should improve my cutting the leather and hammering of rivets. I was a  bit sloppy with it because I was tired and hungry.


Everyone is so focused in their leatherwork.

This workshop has more participants than the previous one. About 14-16 participants! There was even another group who are learning how to make leather shoes.

Attending the previous workshop has its perks. The participants are given free basic tool kits plus your work while the Leather Tote Bag making... well, you'll JUST get to take home the bag you made.

Holy Craft! Jam-packed workshop

I felt more relaxed unlike before. I guess it's more crowded and everyone is enjoying themselves. Aside from extending my creative skills, one of my purpose in attending workshops is learning to be sociable.

I'm really excited to do more projects and attending events like this!

After a thousand needle pricks, I present to you
my finished leather tote bag. **Tears of Joy**

Teacher Abby assisting one of the participants.

One of the few dudes who attended. Good
improvising!  Using the chair instead of
a stitching pony.

Ms. Nicole stitching her leather.

Middle: The first participant to finish her bag.
Left: Cindel (main host) and; Right: Abby (co-host)


If you are interested in joining one of their workshops, just check out their website at www.holycraftstudios.com. Their next one has a different topic. But if you'd like to learn leather bag making, there's a different host who will be teaching this coming weekend (November 25-26, 2017). Check it out at www.soulflower.co. I would like to attend but other plans forced me to push aside my personal activities for a short time. Enjoy!


Let's Get Creative, Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment