Sunday, June 4, 2023

Dance (Haiku) and Chow-Chow (Poetry)

DANCE 

Swaying to the beat,

The music flows through your veins,

Dance like there's no tomorrow.


I AM A CHOW

A chow-chow am I, of ancient line,

Of royal blood, and high degree;

A mandarin, the proudest, fine,

Of all the dogs that ever be.


I wear a coat of many a hue,

Of black and white, and brown and tan;

My eyes are bright as burning blue,

My teeth are white as ivory.


My tail is curled up high above,

My ears are pricked up like a sword;

I walk with stately tread and love

To be admired by all the horde.


I'm proud and fierce, and yet I'm kind,

And love to play with little folks;

I'm fond of children, and I find

They like to stroke my rough, soft polls.


So here's to me, the chow-chow dog,

The proudest, finest, bravest breed;

I'm glad I'm not a common dog,

But one of royal pedigree.

No comments:

Post a Comment