Saturday, June 3, 2023

Sunday Breakfast

The sun shines bright, the birds do sing,

It's time for breakfast, I've got the alarm ring.


I'll make some coffee, and some toast,

With ham and cheese, it will be most.


The coffee's brewing, the toast is brown,

I'll sit and eat, and then I'll frown.


For I have no one to share this meal,

I'm all alone, it's such a deal.


But then I smile, and think again,

I'm not alone, I have my friends.


The birds are singing, the sun is bright,

It's a beautiful day, and I'm in sight.


So I'll enjoy my breakfast, and I'll be glad,

That I'm alive, and that I'm not dead.


And I'll raise a toast, to my friends,

And to all the good things, that life has sent.


So here's to you, and here's to me,

And may we all have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment